Tuesday 11 March 2014

Writing ESO 1

An email about me

Hi Alex,

My name's Isaac. I'm twelve years old and I'm a student at Casa Nostra School in Banyoles.

My interests are sports, computer games, maths and English. My favourite sport is tennis, I practice every week. My favourite players are Rafa Nadal and Tommy Robredo. I like football too. My favourite player is Xavi Hernández. I like Harry Potter films, but I haven't got a favourite group.

What about you? What are your hobbies and your favourite films and books?

Bye for now,
Isaac


Banyoles

Banyoles is a city in the north of Catalonia. It has got a population of about 20.000 people. There are many tourists who come to see visit the lake.

I like Banyoles because it has a lake, and it's very quiet and friendly. My favourite places are the lake, "el Parc de la Draga", and "Club Tennis Banyoles".

Banyoles is about 120 kilometres from Barcelona. It's about one hour and a half by car. There are buses like "la TEISA" from Olot, Girona, Figueres...






An article about an animal

1. Polar bear

The animal in the photo is a polar bear. Polar bears usually eat seals.

Polar bears live in The Arctic, Canada, Russia, Greenland and Norway. They live and hunt on the ice. Females have two cubs every four or five years. Adult polar bears are 750 kilos. They can swim more than 150 kilometres.

The Arctic ice is smaller because the climate is changing. Pollution is a problem, especially oil. Humans hunt polar bears in some areas.




2. Dolphin

The animal in the photo is a dolphin. Dolphins usually eat fish and squid, but they can eat shrimp, crabs and octopus.

Dolphins live in the oceans or seas, they are from 2 to 9 metres long. They can swim 63 km. They can jump 7 metres from de water. Dolphins are friendly with people.

Like some animals from the sea, the pollution is a problem because it can kill them. The enemies of dolphins, are whales dolphins and sharks, because they can eat them.






An article about my school

Hi,
Here's some information about my school. It's name is Casa Nostra School and it's in Banyoles, next to the lake.

We start lessons at nine o'clok, and we finish lessons at half past one. In the afternoon we start at three o'clock and we finish at five o'clock. But on Wednesdays and on Fridays we start lessons at half past eight and we finish at three o'clock.
We study a lot of different subjects, for example: maths, English, science, Spanish, Catalan, PE, ICT, art.... My favourite subjects are English and maths.
After classes, in the school, I think we can play basketball with school team or dancing lessons too. I don't know a lot of information about school extra activities because I don't do any of these.

The people who eats in my school, have lunch in the canteen, it is under of our classrooms. They eat meat, vegetables, fish, fruit, salad....

Bye for now.

Isaac




An article about history of London

London is a city in the south of England. In the Roman times its name was Londinum. The population in the Roman times was about 45.000, but now the population of London is about 7,5 million.
Some important streets of London are Trafalgar Square (Battle of Trafalgar) and Victoria Street (Queen Victoria).

The people of London are called Londiners or "Cockneys". And for finish, some famous Londoners are Charles Chaplin, an actor, and Arthur Caran Doyle, the writer of Sherlock Holmes stories.





Write a blog about an expedition


Monday 2nd August

I'm going to go on an expedition next Friday. My parents and my sisters are going to come with me. We're going to stay in the Alps (Germany), so we need to travel there by plane, this Wednesday. I must take my laptop to continue writing in this blog.


Friday 6th August

Now we're in our tent. Here it's very cold, it isn't cloudy or rainy but it's windy. We are near a beautiful river. I take my camera so I'm going to take a lots of photos of the mountains, the river and some lakes, if we find them. I would climb peaks of the highest mountains that out there.


Wednesday 11th August

Tomorrow we have to return in Catalunya. I can say that I'm pleased with this expedition because I've taken a lots of photos and I have been all of the time with my family. The last thing that we'll do is swimming in the river. I think all of the activities that we have done have been very exciting, like climbing in one of the peaks. Before swimming in the river, I have to prepare the suitcase with all of the equipment that I've brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment